You remember Blio, my blogging "engine"? In the last few months I added a few features, fixed some bugs, used it for a few more websites and still haven't added any docs.
As both publishers of the new sites aren't really technical persons I had to come up with a way for them to publish new content. After considering some alternatives (scp, ftp), I decided to use some nifty git post-receive hook. (ok, so that's not really a Blio feature, but still...)
Here's the gist of it (more details will be published in a future blog post)
ROOT=/var/feiertags.plix.at/ cd $ROOT unset GIT_DIR git pull perl $ROOT/build.pl --configfile $ROOT/blio.ini exit
The hardest part was finding that
unset GIT_DIR was necessary for some reason I do not remember right now (c.f. future blog post..)
Barb needed paged lists, so I implemented them. I spare you the boring paging code...