We spend 1½ days in Brest, primarily because I was not sure if we could go in one go from Beg Mail to the north coast. But in the end is was totally worth spending an extra night.
- The Ateliers du Plateu des Capucins was amazing, a very big public space housed in an old factory complex.
- The library ("la médiathèque") inside was even more amazing, very nicely done, with eg a place to rent and play board games, a section where you could play video games, lots of comics etc.
- Riding with the cable car was fun and provided some nice views (esp through the glass floor..).
- I had a very big & delicious pot of moules frites.
- Lot's of sailboats, old and new (and a free tour through an old one..).
- The Musée National de la Marine was ok, I liked the building (old castle) and the view more than the actual exhibition.